• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Is Star Wars Better Than Star Trek?

Started by Kawolsky, March 01, 2006, 06:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Star Wars Better Than Star Trek?

Yes
6 (28.6%)
No Comment
1 (4.8%)
No
14 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

M'retta R'an

No! Trek is way better than  Star Wars. http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':p'> http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'>
Cadet M'retta R'an

I'm a Caitian, not a housecat!

"Sing with me! Sing for the year!
Sing for the left and sing for the tear!
Sing with me; it's just for today!
Maybe tommorrow he'll come down and take you away!"

Chris Newberry

*Chris get's up, becomes a Dark Jedi and attacks Master Yoda*

btw: Star Wars: The New Order is in develop. A new RPG for anyone who wants to join in the fun as a Jedi or any one else. The time period takes place just as the New Jedi Order takes place. I will release the site when the forums are done.

Richard Ransom

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:Richard Ransom
Postion:Pending

Kawolsky

Major John Kawolsky
Chief of Security
Dantor

Reg

Lt. Reg Hiller
Chief Helm Officer
USS Mannon

Andrew Yates

In my opinion..............

Star Trek PWNS star wars lol, I have prefered star trek since I was a wee one lol It was close with Battlestar Galactica haha

VIVA LA STARTREK!!
http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/1322/yatesprofile2ah.jpg" border="0">
Admiral Andrew Yates
Avalon Division
Executive Officer
Member of the Starfleet Command

Kawolsky

Major John Kawolsky
Chief of Security
Dantor

Kawolsky

I don't think it is but that's just me
Major John Kawolsky
Chief of Security
Dantor

Kawolsky

Yeah. I think that Star Trek is slightly better then Star Wars. Probably because there are series and movies so there's a lot more of Trek.
Major John Kawolsky
Chief of Security
Dantor

Kawolsky

Now that you mention it:::

STARGATE IS THE BEST! COME ON STARGATE!

I'll take the neutral ground. Neither Star Wars or Star Trek!
Major John Kawolsky
Chief of Security
Dantor

Reg

A hunch http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt='???'>
Lt. Reg Hiller
Chief Helm Officer
USS Mannon

Vorak

Star Trek and Star Wars are fundamentally different from each other, based on another concept, and it's really hard for me to decide which one is better. I don't think one is better than the other, just different.

Ok, Star Wars is more based on a fantasy universe, while Star Trek profiles itself as a "possible future of mankind". The noble thoughts behind Star Trek are familiar to you all, I'm sure, so I don't need to get into those, but Star Wars has alot to offer too.

Now with Star Wars you have to see beyond the spectacular special effects and sometimes incredible technology. The "Jedi concept" for example, is very special, and actually based on existing historical culture. Their Council meeting in a circle, the Master/Apprentice tradition, certain of their mental abilities, can be found back in ancient religions and culture from the ancient West and East. It's just been given a new fancy name and adapted to the Star Wars universe.

Also the whole concept of the "Dark Side" is rather well done, especially in the last movie (Revenge of the Sith) where Anakin is torn in two by both the Jedi and the Sith. Again, look beyond the whole technology and special effects, and think of it as if you were in the situation yourself, placing yourself in an everyday situation where you hear two sides of a story, and you don't know which one to choose. Will you know you choose the right one? Because what may seem the good choice, may end up being the evil one. And you may not know until it's too late. Alot of these Star Wars aspects can actually be found back in everyday life, just like each species from Star Trek actually represents a particular (good or bad) aspect of humanity (Klingons represent the warrior/fighter within, Ferengi our greed, Cardassians our arrogance, Betazoids our sensitivity, ...)
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Vorak

World peace is an "utopia" that can never be achieved. In nature - and nature is everything in the universe - there is a fine Balance between positive and negative. Both forces are needed in equal amount in order to keep this Balance in harmony... and yes, the same aspect of Balance is also mentioned by the Jedi in Star Wars, although the concept itself is much older than Star Wars.

World peace, ironically as it may sound, would actually disturb this Balance too greatly and only chaos would be the result in the end.
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Kawolsky

Major John Kawolsky
Chief of Security
Dantor

Chris Newberry

Restricted Dantor Archive.

In all the opinions I read, Vorak is the closest that I will agree too since World Peace will never happen. I wish there will be peace but I know it will never happen.