• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

U.S.S. Rivendell Mission 1: Shakedown Cruise

Started by Taurik, April 15, 2004, 05:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

William Travis

"Continue with Commander Belanna. I think we will learn more. I will report on it when we get out of this. I suspect Q is only doing this to test the Captain. Not the rest of us. So make sure the crew not do anything to.....provoke Q. If he really needs it to act."

Travis smiles.

"I have faith in the Captain and this crew"

Commander William Travis
Deep Space Academy XO - Command Instructor

William Travis

"Your welcome, and thank you."

Looks to the Dr. for whatever he might say

Commander William Travis

William Travis

(From what i've seen it would be hard to do when he gets to DS 20.)

Travis looks to the last of the reporters as the turbolift closed on them.

"I have to say, i expected reporters to talk more about the ship, important things about it. In this day and age that is."

Commander William Travis

Lance Moris

"Orpheus... I think you might be slipping.  That's actually the third time I entered the commands.  Aside from that, this is a starship, not the Love Boat.  These reporters need to actually write up some classing articles, instead of selling glitter.  When are we going to get around to launching, anyways?  I think I'm getting cabin fever."
http://www.expansionfleet.net/boards/starfleet/avatars/Lieutenant%20(Command%20-%20Helm).gif" border="0">
Lance Moris
Helmsman - USS Rivendell-B

William Travis

"The reporters only hound him when he does events like these. Otherwise it must be easier to work"
Commander William Travis

EBS Reporter

*One of the reporters steps forward, very carefully this time.*
"Sir, rumours go around by people that, because the first Rivendell ship was destroyed less than a year after it was commissioned, the whole line of ships named Rivendell will be cursed with the same fate. Do you not fear that the same may happen to this ship in less than a year from now?"

Vorak

*From the moment Vorak wants to step off the transporter platform, the doors slide open and a whole group of reporters hurries inside the room. The most professional cameras and microphones are aimed at Vorak, and his assistant Paris Love, and a bunch of questions are asked simultaneously.*
Reporter 1: "Admiral Vorak, how does it feel to be aboard a ship again?"
Reporter 2: "Flag Admiral, do you miss sitting in the captain's chair?"
Reporter 3: "Do you envy Captain Taurik for taking command of the finest ship in your fleet?"
*Vorak raises his hand to silence everyone.*
"One question at the time please. I am a Vulcan, I do not know the... feeling of envy, and I believe that Captain Taurik is most adequate to take command over this ship.  I do not know the feeling you call missing, and I find myself in a good position with my job."
Reporter 1: "But admiral, don't all Starfleet officers and admirals say that nothing goes above the captain's chair on the frontlines where you can make the difference?"
*Vorak raises an eyebrow.*
"Each stage has a place in life, and then one needs to move on. The job I do, and many others do that is not involving the captain's seat, are just as crucial as the captain's seat itself. Without my job being done, the captain would have no seat either."
Reporter 2: "Then why do you so eagerly want to be on the bridge of this ship? And-"
"I do not know the feeling of-"
Reporter 3: "You do not come alone, admiral. This lady is your personal assistant? You never had an assistant before-"
Reporter 1: "She did not finish the academy, yet you take her on as your assistant, why-"
Reporter 2: "Do you have an affair with your Paris Love assistant, admiral?"
*Vorak raises both his eyebrows in surprise.*
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Morgan Freeman

Commander, Reporting that all systems are fully functional.  shields at 86 percent weapons in section 2 are fully functional.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/Jedi1701/MorganBanner.jpg" border="0">

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.   - Scotty

Paris Love

*Love is quite startled by the message. She slowly gets up, fixes her hair, puts her boots back on, and proceeds to the bridge*

*Approaching the bridge she sees the group of reporters still gathered outside the bridge where she threw them out.*

"We're going to try this one more time. No more questions, you are simply allowed to record the launch."

*A male reporter begins to complain*

"Hey! you can't-"

"If the concept is too difficult for you to grasp, you can simply wait outside. Follow me."

*She enters the bridge and points to the same spot they were given last time.*

"There."

Love.
http://www.g4-hosting.net/~force198/ID-Love.jpg" border="0">

Will Nesmith

"Infection? Clearly then it has some area of it open to the elements, have to ran tests to see if there is any opening?"
Ensign Will Nesmith
Ops Officer

Madox

Doctor.  I have been assigned to be an operations officer on this ship.  I am capable of assisting whatever is required.
Medical background:
- First aid
- Trauge
- Counseling.

I wanted to be well rounded so that I could serve my ships better.

Taurik

An update on the Evolution comes in on Taurik's Command console.

"Helm, set course for the Dark Passage, maximum warp."

Captain Taurik
Commanding Officer
U.S.S. Rivendell - NCC-84540-B

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/starfleetcross.gif" border="0">http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/redcrest.gif" border="0">
Master of the Gallifreyan Order
Member of the Gallifreyan Sentinel Caste

Vorak

"Why do you believe this ship's crew, above all ships in the Federation, needs this intense testing?"
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Q

*sighs* You bore me Admiral quiet frankly, I wish to be rid of u, go back to your office and leave me terrorize your crew in peace.

*snaps fingers* and Vorak finds himself materializing in his office in his chari with a mountin of paperwork.*

*Snap*

William Travis

(Who is on Section 2 with me?)

"Helm, bring us about, defend the Alamo while it pulls into dock. Shes taken heavy damage."

Commander William Travis