• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Station Avalons Conference Room

Started by Julian, August 30, 2006, 03:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eugene Archer

"Aye, sir."

*And Archer left for engineering, to see if anyone is there to assist him*
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Archer.jpg" border="0">

Jason Patric

<Walking into the room as if at a casual glide, Jason nods towards the Admiral and takes his seat near the Admiral>
http://bigcovers.dvd-world.at/images/casts/cast_7823/image.jpg" border="0">

Tara Lollock

Yes admiral, i apologize if any of my officers have offended you sir. Anyway, we headed toward the freighter when we began to detect residual weapons signitures. We later found the frieghter and a small fleet of Herran vessels engaged in combat. We were able to hold off the Herran however our ship took heavy damage. We hid **the word hurt her sense of Klingon pride** in a nebula to avoid there sensors. To wait for the Lothlorian's assistance.

That is the abridged version sir.
Name: Lollock, Tara
Position: Commanding Officer
Vessel: USS Iroquois

"Act and you shall have dinner. Think and you shall be dinner." - Klingon Proverb
"You never know when Starfleet may call upon you to perform outside your comfort zone." -Commander Tara Lollock
"Die well!"
"Today is a good day to die"

Balkazar

"Insults wont be tolerated nor sarcsism, Ensign.  You will not be allowed on the marine base if you keep up with your constant insults against the backbone of the Federation ground forces.  So keep your attitude in check.  GOT IT!" Balkazar stated in a Marine Col. tone.
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8804/balkazaridcopyso3.jpg" border="0">

Apodae Swift

"Sure Colonel." Swift said plainly, hiding his disbelief, most of the marines he had met could take a joke. He really didn't know what was wrong with this guy. "I apologise, I'll make a note of your lack of sense of humour for future consideration." He added as sincerely and emotionless as a Vulcan, managing to perfectly hide his sarcasm and to suppress the smug grin he wanted to show.
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
Acting Chief Tactical/Security Officer
USS Iroquois
http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin/fleet/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=171;t=16" target="_blank">Apodae Swift's Personnel Profile
"Either you come in peace or we blow you to pieces, your choice." - Swift

Apodae Swift

"I love exploration." Swift said as he skim read the padd. "Let's hope it's something strange and wonderful. When I was on my mother's ship we ran in to an ordinary looking anomaly, unfortunately if I told you what happened I would be breaking the temporal prime directive. Though I can tell you it was very cool. I would say though that the sooner we get there the better. If it is something normal we will have wasted little time on it, if the anomaly is only there for a short period of time we need as much time as possible to study it, and also if it is dangerous the sooner we find out the sooner we can solve whatever potential problem is there.
"It would have been better if we had set out earlier but I guess the repairs took as along as they needed. Although a warp capable probe could have been launched to take a gander while our repairs were conducted, a class eight probe could have been there by now and given us an idea of what we were running in to. Not that I'm complaining, I like surprises." Swift added with a sly grin. He really did like surprises.
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
USS Iroquois
http://www.expansionfleet.com/cgi-bin/fleet/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=171;t=16" target="_blank">Apodae Swift's Personnel Profile

Apodae Swift

Swift openly yawned as Balkazar talked to him and showed no signs of paying any attention. However once he had followed Commander Lollock and she began to speak her paid very close attention to her.
"Yes ma'am." Swift said and he ordered one of the crewmen to grab a few phaser rifles and hand held phasers. "Ma'am I would not suggest any form of armour though. I find such things more cumbersome then helpful." The crewmen returned with the rifles and began handing them out, Swift himself attached his phaser to his belt along with a second phaser, he held the rifle loosely by his side. Her questioned the crewman about grenades but the crewman simply shook his head. Swift turned his attentions back to Commander Lollock. "Ma'am I would suggest that the groups regularly report in to you. I would say once every five minuets should be enough. That way if a team is wiped out due to a lack of man power we will be well aware and able to converge on that position. I hope this won't happen, however for someone to infiltrate a base of this caliber then they must have a lot of man power and be highly trained. Either that or it's a single agent with skill to rival my own... Erm... That was a tad arrogant wasn't it?" He asked no one in particular. "Anyway the sooner this is over with the better, although I am looking forward to a little combat."
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
USS Iroquois

Julian

*while still standing, Julian then turned and continued his salute towards the fleet admiral. He then noticed Hedford walk in and went back into an at ease kind of stance.*

Welcome commodore. Usually you would not be allowed to be here but as what i have to say, you will find out soon after this meeting anyway. So please, take a seat.

*he then also resumes his seat.*
EF Starfleet Command | S.S Avalon CO | In charge of the U.S.S Iroquois, U.S.S Normandy, S.S Avalon, and the Dantor base | Mission Planner.

Weasly Cook

Commander Cook only stood as he name was called and waited for his Captain to appear a little calmer. He cleared his throat.

"Yes, I have indeed taken sensor data, most unusual data, it seems that the rift is using a form of a previously unknown layer of subspace... similar... well, the closest that I can think of describing it right now is a long hallway of doors... and the rift generator is a skeleton key for every single door... the only variance in this is.... We are blindfolded, only after opening a door and having the blindfold taken off can we know the location and what it behind it."

He took a breath realizing that he was talking faster and faster. So he took another deep breath to calm down. "Problem is, the last nanosecond that we had the rift generator open... I thought I read a temporal detonation shockwave. Meaning, we might have witnessed an infinite amount of new mirror univereses... meaning.... we could have anything from a mirror Federation to a Borg Invested galaxy." He looked green and ill at that thought before he quickly moved to another topic.

He punched up the scans and what appeared to be a spiderweb of yellow lines appeared. "This is what the scans showed for the second that we were in the rift generator... beyond those swirling walls of energy... well, let's just say we were lucky nothing shock us into a wall or we might be in a whole other universe, this is a worm hole that appears to be everywhere and nowhere at the same time." He sighed... "Even I had trouble to get it to be this readable in this short of time... let's just say Starfleet will have a good hundred or more years of research from our little trip along with Mirror Universe Rift technology."

He smiled then at his Captain. "So, with the Temporal effects... they might not even have the technology to come to our side again... I hope."

He looked at the Admiral. "Sadly ... all we have is the hardware and wires... all the software... well, wiped itself clean, safety means it seemed, but we might be able to use just this to maybe reverse engineer something... I hope."

However he knew and rather hoped this was to be deemed top secret, be shelved and never dabbled with, for a wrong misstep could lead to... well, who knows what.

((I hope that this is okay, I am not a good scientist to be honest, but I wanted to make it somewhat interesting.... in case we want to play with this Drive anytime again."
For the twentith time Captain Smith, you are not to dart into the hallway.
http://archive.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/charpics/madden.jpg" border="0">

Jason Patric

*Jason enters the Conference room looking like he only had 5 hours of sleep and goes to sit down to close his eyes, but he speaks as well*

"Hello, Captain.  Hows things faring ?"
http://bigcovers.dvd-world.at/images/casts/cast_7823/image.jpg" border="0">

Julian

OFF: sorry i haven't been on guys, i've been workin 11 hours shifts for the past 3 days :S

On:  

*after getting his drink, the Vice Admiral sits on the closest chair next the the High-Command Flag Admiral*

*looks towards the Admiral and nods*

Sir.

Hmm. I think from now on when there is a Starfleet meeting, only the marine liason should attend unless the senior officers insist on being here. The same with marine meetings.

Admiral what Mr Patric and Mr Archer have both said has pretty much summed things up.  

Mr Patric, what you have to understand in this situation, is the Admiral is of the High-Command, he shouldn't need to go through us to change things around, however he will still inform us of whats going to happen, he wont just do it over our heads.

Ok. Back to working on the defences and the station. Mr. Archer have you infored the Ensign of her task as of yet? Please have her join us in say half an hour or so, so we can get her input on what she thinks should happen. I've been up for a bit this morning making sure the station was back up to 100% after the transporting. It's going well.

Also i've been looking into our mine field.

*presses his pad. A holographic image of the planet and the current position of the station in orbit appears in the middle of the room*

I've been looking at different ways of haveing the mines set up, but i keep getting stumped.

*presses another button on his pad and a whole heap of dots around the planet appear, representing the mine field*

So far this is the best idea i have been able to come up with.

*points towards the mines*

as you can see the mines are fairly spread out however they would have a wide-spread effect, and would cause the most damage to the larger ships that might possibly attack.

for the smaller, say shuttle sized vessels however,

*presses another button and larger dots appear*

i would like to set up automated phaser turrets, as they would be more agile and could simply move around the mines. the one problem there is if the turrets hit a mine. so my idea is to have the shield frequency of the mines changed to not be effected by the phaser fire.

what do you think?

*takes a sip of his drink*
EF Starfleet Command | S.S Avalon CO | In charge of the U.S.S Iroquois, U.S.S Normandy, S.S Avalon, and the Dantor base | Mission Planner.

Kassie

=^= "Capt. Archer, is there anyone in engineering class that you think would benefit from this project?" =^=
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Kassie.jpg" border="0">

Kassie

<Feeling a lil apprehensive due to HC in the room>

"Yes of course, thank you, Julian."

"ALF has been completely honest, truthful, and very trusting of us despite our technological advancement.  There technology has been centered around nanites and ALF was the one who created them.  From what I have learned was that he was into robotics.  He told me that the nanites wasnt used as weapons until later, his nanites was indeed a form of advancement to help maintain computer systems, maintain health and prolong there health, then the nanites over a period of time formed into a higher sentient life and inorder to protect themselves they tried to heal the wounded bodies but they were too dead to bring back to life so they put themselves into a state of self cryostasis, which in turn preserved ALF's brothers who were the dead bodies.  We found roughly 40 armored bodies of ALF's race still in there body armor with claw marks on the armor as well as evidence of a firefight breaking out, 5-10 of the 40 who were killed was indeed ALF's brothers.  I think the nanites reprogrammed themselves while retaining there creators main purpose was to 'Preserve life' to protect there creators and form into a higher sentient life form.  Its true that we could be dealing with 2 life forms but we need to keep in mind that our prime directive is to preserve life, we have the same goal in this context, ALF was never hostile towards us the only hostility as had was when we first entered the control room for the cryostasis tubes, we had to deal with the bunkers security systems."

"Alf's species from what I gather, are scientists, farmers, they are peaceful and refrain from fighting unless its a last resort but they rather stay out of the fight then to join in one.  From what I saw rather quickly was that there was a garden in those domes, its possible that over the centuries that they learned from the past and started to become vegetarian rather then meat eater's.  As Mr Cook said they built there base to collapse certain area's of the base.  It was probly devised to protect whatever was on the otherside of the debris.  Whatever it was had to be pretty darn important to collapse a part of the base."

"I think we should try and help ALF and his people because they were in stasis for quite a few centuries or even more and they wake to find that instead of 20th century machine guns we got 24th century weaponry.  So to leave them defenseless is like signing there own death warrant.  Even tho they arent as advanced as we are they could be a very good addition to any base."

"Julian brought up that he couldnt beam into deck 3 I believe it was, I think the reason was that the Nanites were trying to protect ALF's species that survived the war.  They were trying to protect the Dome's which could be a very good reason why you couldnt beam onto deck 3."

OOC**I cant think of anything else.  I think I was a lil excentric and what I was trying to say may have gotten confused or thought of in an entirely different way from the (PEACEFUL! outcome) that I was aiming for.
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Kassie.jpg" border="0">

Balkazar

<Balkazar walks into the conference room still wearing his battle uniform that he was wearing for the past couple of weeks, then heads over and sits down>

"Admiral." Balkazar said acknowledging him.
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8804/balkazaridcopyso3.jpg" border="0">

Apodae Swift

"I wouldn't say we hid exactly." Swift added, he didn't hide. "We simply fooled the enemy in to waiting for an ambush from a superior fire power by using a clever mix of subterfuge, misdirection, and camouflage."
Apodae Swift
Lieutenant J.G.
USS Iroquois