• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

USS Evolution Mission 14: The Last Flight

Started by Randall Sanchez, April 20, 2006, 10:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

William Wallace

After returning I go straight to the science bridge station. and start to work on some weapons for commander Lauren. After about three hours I had designed a couple on new weapons that she would like and began to discuss them with her.
William Wallace
Commander
Executive Officer
USS Lothlorien NCC 12588

Morga Harf

=/\= All hands this is Commander Harf Speaking. This will be the last flight and fight of the Uss Evolution. I would like everyone to be ready to get to their escape pods with in two minutes. =/\=

=/\= Commander Harf to Commander Spock, I would to have this ship rip a large hole in the Loxian defences. I would like you to have the warp drive system rigged to explode with two minutes to spare to get us and the Rivendell away from the explosion before it happens deep in enemy lines. With Audiable warnings to that specail shuttle craft in the shuttle bay. =/\=

Very good Commander Lauren I will remember this. Target as many of those ships with your 41 torpedos possible and wait till the last possible moment to fire them. We will then have two minutes to get to the final line of escape pods and away too a point that the Rivendell can pick us up in safety.
Lieutenant Commander Morga Harf
USS Evolution.
First Officer.

Randall Sanchez

*On the bridge of the Evolution, Sanchez looks at his trusted crewmembers who are gathering around him.*
"I'm not an admiral yet, people. Not an admiral yet. And maybe, never will be, after I've done what I intend to do..."
*He takes a deep breath.*
"The Evolution is decommissioned permanently, as you know. But I've decided it's good to go for one other mission. Even if my superiors disagree with me."
*He takes a deep breath.*
"I received word that civil war has broken out on Loxius. The forces of the corrupt Loxian government and the Loxian Exiles are fighting each other, but unfortunately, the latter are losing due to lack of technology and resources. Zayan, who is one of the figureheads on the Loxian rebellion, has been taken captive by the Loxian government, and is scheduled for execution. She... she carries my child, and I intend to save them both! Admiral Vorak refused to offer me any ship, and time is running out. He doesn't want Starfleet to be involved with the whole civil war, the Prime Directive and such, but this once, I say... go to hell with the Prime Directive! I'm taking this ship and head for Loxius!"
*He looks at the faces of all the officers.*
"I understand that this is an illegal action I'm taking, which may cost me my commission in Starfleet after all this is done. I can't expect any of you to back me up or join me in this mission. But whether I go alone or not, go I must, and soon. Who wants to go with me, and hijack the Evolution on its last flight? I can make a note in my logs that you have joined me under protest, to keep your names clear from court martial."
Captain Randall Sanchez
Captain USS Evolution
Avalon Division
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-sanchez.jpg" border="0">

Kelli Lauren

"Yeah, during the Dominion War I made Lieutenant in the KDF."
Commander Kelli Lauren
Executive Officer
U.S.S. Evolution - NCC-14320-A

Randall Sanchez

*Sanchez smiles.*
"I knew I could count on you all. But remember, this is not to be an official Starfleet mission, which is why I have taken off my Starfleet uniform. While there, none of us represent Starfleet."
*Then he turns to Wallace.*
"Mr. Wallace, the ship has suffered heavy damage recently so there's still bound to be something unstable. Mr. Spock, could you and Mr. Wallace have a look at it, and see that all vital systems are operational? But do it while keeping energy usage to a minimum, so sensors on the station will not detect anything out of the ordinary for a decommissioned ship. If any engineering personnel of the station is around, act as if you are disassembling parts from the ship."
*Then he turns to Nonir.*
"Mr. Nonir, we may not even need to fake the warp core breach... If we can get someone at ops to open the bay doors for us, we're set."
*Sanchez smiles.*
"And I know exactly who can do this for us."
*He taps his commbadge.*
"Sanchez to Enoch, do you have a moment to talk?"
Captain Randall Sanchez
Captain USS Evolution
Avalon Division
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-sanchez.jpg" border="0">

Randall Sanchez

"Sacrificing the Evolution... that is not an easy decision for me, I've spent so many years on this ship that I consider it my home above any other place in the universe."
*Sanchez sighs.*
"But then again... the Evolution was declared to be decommissioned. If I hadn't decided to steal it, I would have had to say goodbye to it before now already. And when all this is over, even if the Evolution manages to stay in one piece, I will turn myself in and I will never sit in the captain's chair of ANY ship ever again. Either way, I will lose the Evolution, so then we might as well win something by it."
*He takes a deep breath and looks at Taurik.*
"It's our only option, Taurik, and I'm willing to take the risk. I'll take that shuttle through the lines and try to find Zayan on the planet. Are you willing to command the Evolution to it's final resting place?"
Captain Randall Sanchez
Captain USS Evolution
Avalon Division

Randall Sanchez

*The captain stared out of the window of the shuttle, to see the Evolution begin to break away and head toward the remnants of the star Loxius Alpha.*
"Look, the Evolution is heading for the star! And the Loxian fleet is pursuing! Pilot, take us to the surface of the planet, as fast as possible!"
*As the ship begins to pull away from the battlefleet, the small Loxian shuttle begins to dive into the planet's atmosphere.*
Captain Randall Sanchez
Captain USS Evolution
Avalon Division

Will Karelia

(OFF: I'm not targetting you, Spock. If you didn't know, that's fine. I'm just making it known now, since many people don't seem to realize that there's a canon Federation law forbidding cloaking devices.)
Name: Karelia, William Michael
Assignment: Commanding Officer, Avalon Division
                        Executive Officer, Expansion Task Force

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/meritoriousservice.gif" border="0">
"I'm glad that Karelia always understands the things, which I don't..." - Fleet Admiral Montrell

Ardeth Wildcat

*growls back*

"It's twitchy!  It goes haywire at the worst possible times!" Ardeth then lowered his voice, forgetting the comlink was open,  "I thought that Hal was the worst one I'd have seen."

Ardeth Wildcat

****Sword of Justice****

Ardeth growled softly.  "I don't need a repel gun to go up and down walls. I packed the cloaks, and my leg is working fine now.  I can make the pace.  Stun grenades are in the side pockets. Med kits are are in the very back pouch, for us and for humans.  I've got the ship set for voice command already.  I'm positive we have everything." he said, putting a pair of repel guns in the last pocket, just in case he dinged his claws up.  "And don't bother asking about my personal weaponry, I've already got it." he said, tapping his gloves.  His low growl was heard barely.

Randall Sanchez

OFF: LOL! Yes I think we've been on our way long enough now http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'> Could someone report as helm to announce that we've entered the sector, and probably also detect some ships and the war and all that stuff http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'>
Captain Randall Sanchez
Captain USS Evolution
Avalon Division

Randall Sanchez

*Sanchez can't believe his ears.*
"Your... assistance? You mean that you're going to help me, while you're supposed to throw me in the brig? Are you sure about that? I mean, you will be held responsible for the same actions as I am, and you too may lose your commission in Starfleet over this. This is not a small matter, after all, and admiral Vorak will surely take this very serious."
Captain Randall Sanchez
Captain USS Evolution
Avalon Division

Kelli Lauren

"Captain, I'm not sure we should go any faster. The power systems are shaky, we're just as likely to explode as we are to go faster."
Commander Kelli Lauren
Executive Officer
U.S.S. Evolution - NCC-14320-A

Morgan Freeman

=A= Freeman to Evolution =A=
Stand by for emergency beamout.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/Jedi1701/MorganBanner.jpg" border="0">

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.   - Scotty

Bryan Hannah

Hannah watched the console, making sure the last shuttle was away.

"Alright, you Loxian bastards. Let's dance!"

Hannah punched in a new set of coordinates. The Evolution lurched to starboard.

"Computer, divert all available power to engines. Initiate self-destruct sequence Alpha-1."

The computer replied in monotone. "Unable to comply. Authorization required from the Captain and two additional senior officers."

"Damn!" Hannah exclaimed. "You just have to play hardball, eh?" Hannah ripped the side panel from the Captain's administrative console, and began to tow with the wires.

"Alright, that should do it. Computer, activate self-destruct sequence. Authorization: Hannah-5-8-Omega-Epsilon."

"Authorization approved."

Hannah smirked. "Initiate destruct sequence Alpha One. Detonate on my command."
Lt. Cmdr. Bryan Hannah
Chief Medical Officer
USS Evolution