• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Mission 1

Started by Peter Svensson, March 10, 2003, 04:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mason

*Mason passes Huw's quarters and notices something odd*
Huw, let me in, your dam door want open.

*Mason tries shouting even louder*
Huw if you are OK just give me a signal.

*Mason taps on his comm badge*
Captain Becker please report to Huw's quarters, we have a situation here.
He seems to have locked himself in with a level 7 or higher security clearance. I haven't the authorisation to enter.

*Meanwhile Mason contacts Max with his communicator*
Max, could you keep a close eye on Shermin, he seems suspicious.

Lt Mason -
*Awaiting a ship*

Captain Kenji Motokatsu sat in his command chair aboard the new starship Phoenix.

"Well people, we've recieved our orders and are to start exploring.  What do you say we start this off the traditional way," he told his bridge crew.

"Captain, we're ready to go," said the Phoenix's first officer, Kassandra Peacecraft.

"Thank you commander.  Helm take us out, one-half impulse," Kenji said.

The Sovereign class vessel moved out of the docking bay and into the darkness of space.  The ship had just been completed , and was fit with a Transphasic Dimensional warp drive, capable of traveling to other dimensions.

"Sir, we are clear of the docking bay doors," said the helms officer.

"Very good," Kenji said as he hit something on his chair.  "Engineering, how soon can we use the transphasic dimensional drive?" he asked the chief engineer.

"She's ready to go captain," the engineer said.

"Thank you.  Helm activate transphasic warp drive.  Lets see where she takes us," Kenji told his helms officer.

"Aye sir, transphasic warp drive active," the helms officer said.

"OK.  People this is it," Kenji said as he hit another command on his chair, "All hands prepare to enter the dimensional rift.  Repeat, all hands prepare to enter the dimensional rift," Kenji ordered, "Engage transphasic dimensional drive!"

The helm's officer tapped a few commands in and the ship sped forward then disappeared into a white light.

Mason

*Meanwhile back on the ship*

Mason finds himself alone on the fastest ship Starfleet has to offer.
Mason finds this an excellent opportunity to learn about all the computers systems, and to get a wide range of knowledge on each department, and to become as versatile as a Swiss army knife.

Mason goes on a self-tour of the ship, and stops by each section of the ship, he tries to learn all about engineering by reading ships articles, and by understanding the use of each terminal.
Mason next stop was sickbay, here he learnt the medicals stock and how to use each hyper spray to the situation.
Mason also tried his hands at cooking at the ships galley.
Aero-metrics proved difficult for mason to learn, but with enough time, nothing was beyond him. Mason even tracked the captain's movements from the comm. Badge signature from Aero-metrics.

Mason found that isolation from people can lead to madness, so he decided to go in a state of deep meditation, each evening, to keep up his mental strength.
Mason also visits the gym each morning, to boost his physical strength.

Masons day consisted of gym in the morning followed by a tour of the ship in the afternoon, learning all ships systems, followed by meditation and sleep in the evening.

Mason begins to get impatient, as he has not heard from the captain for a long time.

Lt Mason -
*Awaiting a ship*

Peter Svensson

"Yes, good idea, let's see whats going on down there on that planet. For all we know they might be in the middle of a war. See what you can translate."
You will be judged, the way you judge...
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Svensson.gif" border="0">

Maguid Velotian

*gives Checkov a humorous grin as he walks out onto the turbolift*

He lifts his body of the wall and begins to walk towards Mr. Svenson, giving the empty seat a quick glance, whilst rubbing his back and smiling reassuringly.

Mr. Checkov recommended I'd take this seat, sir *points at the empty seat beside the captains*, so if you have no objections, I trust I'd make a good ships councillor.  

Maguid Velotian - Science Officer
USS Lothlorien

Alexei Chekov

Better get used to it, Mr. Brooks... You're going to wear it for some days now and it should seem to the Cardassians that you wore it all your life.
Alexei Chekov
----------------------------------
XO - USS Phoenix

Rugal

This is Fleet Admiral Rugal of the remains of the 23rd Fleet of cardassia, we are about to take out a loxian miningstation and we would be honoured if you wanted to help. If you just could let my engineers install a cloaking device so you could follow. Mean time I would be glad if you, Captain Travis, could join me for some discussions in my office with my closests officers. I think your XO is capable to do, even by your standards, such an easy mission...

Max Brooks

*Turns to face Mason*

Well....sir, what shall we do until the Director and Commander get back?

*says with a smile*

(Edited by Max Brooks at 1:17 am on May 8, 2003)

Max Brooks
Chief Tactical Officer
USS. Phoenix

Peter Svensson

OFF: good. I hope too that everyone is still here. Mr. Chekov, are you still around too? I hope so http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

*Svensson beams back to the USS Phoenix and enters the bridge, still wearing a regular Starfleet uniform.*

"Open a commlink to the Cardassian station."

*Rugal appears on screen*

"Mr. Rugal, we thank you for your cooperation.  But there is in fact a reason for us being here.  We discovered a Cardassian outpost on a planet in a far system, and they are using the native people as slaves.  We came here to check out first if you knew about this or not, but since you don't know about it, I think it is only right for me to tell you.  We don't know if it may be a secret operation from your government, or that they work on their own, but we will return there now.  Are you willing to come aboard our ship, and go with us?"

http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Svensson.gif" border="0">

Peter Svensson

OFF: wb Huw http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

"So can anyone tell me how long it'll take us to clear the Dark Passage??"

Max Brooks

I will go too, if you wish sir.
Max Brooks
Chief Tactical Officer
USS. Phoenix

Peter Svensson

Everthing is fading before his eyes, as he tries not to lose his consciousness.  He takes a breath and mumbles...

"Those... those... ####... Cardassians..."

And all turns black before his eyes, as he has lost his consciousness.

OFF: seeya after the 12th again http://expansionfleet.sparks.priorweb.be/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

Mason

I now feel much safer

*Mason checks himself for any phaser marks*

Sir i am fine, I wish to beem down ASAP

Lt Mason -
*Awaiting a ship*

Rugal

Beta base? What is that? I never created any beta base, or, did I?

BTW, Rugal is in the hands of the mean cardies and unavailable untill someone saves him, or he saves himself.

Peter Svensson

OFF: yes, Rugal, you created Beta Base. You once started one of the missions in FSS, to head for this base because contact had been severed with it. But at that time, the FSS board was kinda inactive and so the mission was actually never completed but replaced by another.
As for Rugal, cant he just be on board now? Or else this storyline will become too complicated.