• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Mission 8: The Battle of Avalon

Started by Baphomet, November 07, 2005, 06:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taurik

"Granted, commander. Welcome back."

(OFF: No, Tom, I assumed you had nothing to do with it. You're not one to post random missions without planning it first.)
Captain Taurik
Commanding Officer
U.S.S. Rivendell - NCC-84540-B

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/starfleetcross.gif" border="0">http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/redcrest.gif" border="0">
Master of the Gallifreyan Order
Member of the Gallifreyan Sentinel Caste

Baphomet

Baphomet had just finished placing the freshly Replicated dinner onto the table, when her quarter's door chimed.

"Come in Commader."

Morgan Freeman

Off:  Back I am yes.  

On:  After spending a few hours in sickbay following the doctors orders

"Doc, I am sorry I disobeyed your orders, it will not happen again and I will continue to wear this alert sensor.  

Freeman heads to Engineering where he runs a few simulations with the shift drive then heads to the Bridge.  

"Captain, I believe I have an idea of how to deal with the impending attack on Avalon.  
The Na'jigat thrive on energy so we give them what they want."

Freeman looks at Baphomet and see's a look of inpatience.

"I have been working on a craft called the scorpion for the past few days.  This fighter was originally designed by the Corps of Engineerings to provide the borg with a tempting technological target and then deal with them.  Its hull is made up of a Tritranium layered composite capible of deflecting incoming energy.  
It also has another armor layer that can incompus the entire ship
Off: (kinda like Admiral Janeways shuttle in the last voyager)

It also has a EM generation system which projects around the hull making the ship look bigger and more tempting then a starbase.  
Sir, I can have the fighter finished in a few hours and then when the attack begins you and I could fly out into by the Na'jigat cloud and power down the station.  In theory they should follow us.  Then when they get close enough we could shift drive ourselves to another location with the Na'jigat cloud."  

Morgan stands in front of Taurik awaiting his answer.
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/Jedi1701/MorganBanner.jpg" border="0">

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.   - Scotty

Baphomet

Baphomet began working at her station, already her Vulcan mind was running variables, calculations and propabilty formulae, faster than any human or even the computer can manage.
After a minute...
"Captain, I may have an idea, as the Na'jigat feed off energy any form of energy as Fleet Admiral Vorak reported.
Then I suggest an absence of energy, the only way to achieve that is by creating a null void, of which the Shif- Drive creates to travel through an Interdimensional Shift, the only obstacle is to create a Shift-event large enough and long enough to hold the Na'jigat away from the station for you and Ambassador Vurak to do what ever you need to do."
"The other obstacle is the two Shift-Drive's we have are not enough to create a big enough Null-void, but if all vessels here and Avolon are equiped with Shift-generators it might be enough, to hold the line as it were."
OOC: A soliton wave generator would take too long to install, but the Shift-Drive uses pre-existing systems and if all the engineering crews work together they can get them installed.
This is a suggestion, but isn't it logical http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

Baphomet

Baphomet, had a restless sleep last night after having nightmarish vision in her sleep, that she could not make any logical sense of.
The nightmare was of the human interpretation of Hell, or at least based on the literature Baphomet had read, which included "Dante's Inferno", "Paradise Lost" etc.
Being frightened for the first time in her entire 71 years of life and therefore had to meditate early in the morning before having a long and refreshing Sonic-shower.
Leaving her quarters, Baphomet headed for the ships Ten-forward still a little uneasy felt she needed the comfort of companionship.
Ordering a type of Vulcan muesli, sat at an empty table near her fellow crewmembers.
After finishiing her breakfast of  K'Tiar muesli and Spice-tea, headed for the turbolift and to the bridge.

Exiting the turbolift she headed to her Station, preoccupied, she was there in time to see Captain Taurik Teleport off the Bridge.

With a fascinated look, stated to the Computer "Lt. Cmndr. Baphomet beginning shift, 0700 hours."

COMPUTER: ACKNOWLEDGED.

"Comammder Lt. Commander Baphomet, reporting for duty sir."

Orpheus

(OFF: This is Karelia. As odd as this seems, due to my low activity, I will be continuing this character in place of it's original owner.)
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Orpheus(Red).gif" border="0">

Will Matthews

"Yes sir, all pods with living people in them are either on our ship or the station. Communications are clear now between ships and the station. As far as I can tell the Skytoucher that has contacted us is the last of any survivor recovery there is".
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/60/willmattidzq5.jpg" border="0">
Lieutenant Will Matthews
Chief of Tac./Sec.
U.S.S. Rivendell

mwnesbitt90

=^= verywell please be on the look out for any odd reading and such if anything were to happen please report it to me immeditaly!!!=^=
1st LT. Mitchell Nesbitt (Marine Doctor)

Baphomet

Baphomet hesitated for a moment, looked at Morgan and then walked over to the Shuttle bay maintenance areas industrial replicator, she then tapped her Comlink.(I don't like the name combadge http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>  )

=A=Baphomet to Shuttle Kelata=A=
"Computer, transmit technical and molecular data to this Replicator, Authorization Baphomet, Lt. Commander, voice idententification, confirm."

Shuttle Kelata Computer: "Confirmed, Transmitting ZPE Converter and Shift-Drive Molecular and Technical data to Replication Initialisation Processor.
Complete."

Baphomet adding the Fighters dimesions to the Size to Energy output algorithms into the datastream and then activated the Replicator.

On the Molecular Cohesion Platform, two devices slowly came into being.
One was cylindrical with a transparent partition in between to Metallic looking outer casings, it looked not unlike a more futuristic version of a 20th century fuse from earth.
The other being the Shift-Drive and a smaller version of the one currently attached to the Antimatter/Matter reactor of the Rivendell.
Appearing to all the world like a Tetrahedron.

Once the Replication process was complete, Baphomet then deleted the data from the Main Computer.

She then motioned to Commander Freeman to lend a hand.

Baphomet

"Aye Commander."

Baphomet initiated the launching sequence, the Fighter then moved out of the Shuttle Bay via the maneuvering thrusters. When the fighter was clear of the Rivendell, Baphomet switched the Scorpion over to the impulse drive.
"Computer, set Hexadecimal vector co-ordinates: 46 72 6F 6E 74 69 65 72. spatial location Frontier Station."

Baphomet, then ativated the Shift-Drive...

She thought she heard Morgan take a sharp breath through his teeth, as forward space blurred and Frontier station snapped into focus.

Computer: Shift jump complete.

Will Matthews

Matthews leaned against his panel, after a while his head bobbed down and he jerked up, remembering the captain was on the bridge.
"We've got full power to the weapons and shields".
He blurted out, feeling rather foolish afterwards.
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/60/willmattidzq5.jpg" border="0">
Lieutenant Will Matthews
Chief of Tac./Sec.
U.S.S. Rivendell

Rasmain

OFF: I'm currently in his office, but let's pretend that the office of Admiral Montrell is written in history :P. That means that I'm aboard http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=';)'>.
---------------------------

*Rasmain had beamed himself aboard after the conversation with Admiral Montrell. During the conversation the admiral had given him new strength, the strength he needed to continue his work as First Officer onboard a starship. At the end Rasmain had never thought that he would be placed on the Rivendell, one of the newest vessels in Starfleet. Rasmain placed his gear in the transporterroom, as he would pick them up later. The ensign that was standing in front of him, told the commander that his belongings were transported to Cargobay 1. Rasmain nodded and exited the transporterroom, he was heading for the bridge*

"Let's see if Captain Taurik is much different from the stories that are told about him" *he whispers to himself*

*As he arrives at the bridge, Rasmain walks over to Captain Taurik*

"Captain, Commander Rasmain reporting for duty!"
http://idcards.expansionfleet.com.sparks.priorweb.be/ID-Rasmain.jpg" border="0">

Taurik

Taurik walked onto the bridge only moments before Freeman approached him.

"I see. It will serve as an effective fallback plan, but for now, we must concentrate all of our efforts toward assisting the Gallifreyans repel the Na'jigat."

Taurik sat in his seat, his stoic Vulcan face colder than ever. "All Rivendell crew; report to battlestations," he commanded over the fleetwide intercom.
Captain Taurik
Commanding Officer
U.S.S. Rivendell - NCC-84540-B

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/starfleetcross.gif" border="0">http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/redcrest.gif" border="0">
Master of the Gallifreyan Order
Member of the Gallifreyan Sentinel Caste

Vorak

=^= Avalon Station to the Fleet =^=
This is Flag Admiral Vorak speaking. I would like to thank all those who have answered our distress call so swiftly, for your presence here at Avalon Station. It takes courage to stand at the frontline, facing an enemy that apparently cannot be defeated, but we cannot stand by and face our own destruction without defending ourselves.

The battle to come may appear hopeless, but it is not. The Gallifreyans have left us with valuable information regarding some weaknesses of the Na'jigat. Since the Na'jigat is unable to travel through space at a speed faster than light, anything related to warp speed can make it a little more difficult for them. But do not misunderstand me here, for any kind of explosions or anti-matter bombs will only fuel the Na'jigat, and make them stronger. They are able to feed of any energy in existence. But light speed can be used to our advantage.

Gather warp particles, which are emmitted by your starships while travelling at warp speed, and use these particles in your shielding and station's structural integrity. I am aware that this is not easy to do, but if your scientists and engineers work together, it may be possible.

Another option is the Soliton Wave, a subspace wave of energy that does not diminish and obtains warp speeds... This could be used to drive back the Na'jigat, and though it will not damage them, it may cause the Na'jigat cloud to disperse and become separate clouds that are therefore less powerful and don't have the ability to communicate with one another.

We have two agents among our ranks of the Order of Gallifrey, including captain Taurik of the U.S.S. Rivendell, who are the only ones able to defeat - though not destroy - the Na'jigat. If we are able to disperse the Na'jigat clouds, making them less powerful, we give Taurik and ambassador Vurak the ability to defeat them more easily.

These are the only options available to fight the Na'jigat. Abandon your phasers, torpedoes or shields. They will be useless to you, and worse, make the enemy even stronger.

Here are my final orders. All the ships will take a battle formation, surrounding Avalon Station. You MUST hold that position as long as possible, and prevent the Na'jigat from breaking through the lines. I appoint three people on Avalon Station to be in charge of the entire operation. Those three people are admiral Montrell, admiral Karelia and Major Embries. Furthermore, I appoint captain Taurik as captain of the fleet, commanding the fleet from space. If communications with Avalon Station break down, you will follow his orders first.

The Na'jigat will most likely be here within a few hours. I want all ships and crew to be prepared. Live long and prosper.
=^= Vorak out =^=
Flag Admiral Vorak
CO Expansion Fleet

Baphomet

OOC: Then Captain Taurik, on behalf of the crew of the USS Rivendell, we wish you a happy resolution to  your personal problems and an exspeditious return, for what is a ship without her Captain.
Live Long and Prosper. (If you need to talk to anyone, I can double as ships Counsellor http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'> )