• Welcome to Expansion Fleet - Avalon Archive.

News:

This is an archive board, where you can read missions and discussions of the old storylines, revolving around Avalon Station (2001 - 2008). Do not use this board to post new topics.

Main Menu

Canis Spiritis

Started by Andrea Ramsey, August 10, 2005, 06:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrea Ramsey

There is no such thing as "wizards"; male witches like me are called witches same as females.  There is nothing supernatural about witchcraft, it is simply using your own natural ability to alter the world around you in new ways.  Witches can't fly (although it would be awesome:D ) or do any of the instant crap they do in Bewitched and Sabrina the Teenage Witch.  We are allowed to use magic for personal gain, regardless of what they say in "Charmed".  "The Craft" is the most accurate movie I've seen on the subject that wasn't a documentary.  Just replace Midol or Manol or whatever they call the All with the word "God" and it's completely accurate except for one thing: a coven only needs THREE members, not four.  For that matter, over half the witches in the United States are solitaires, and never join a coven (I don't really like the coven life all that much myself, which is why I left while still a neophyte.)  Next lesson, class, is on Wicca and other nature religions.
Owner/Operator of the Independant Freighter S.S. Fair Weather.  "We deliver on time or it's free!"

Quote (Andrea Ramsey @ Aug. 10 2005,8:06)
We are allowed to use magic for personal gain,

When you say magic...?
Of course I don't know..anything.. about what your talking about. Just the crazy magic mess people talk about more often. But you don't mean real magic do you you? That would be crazy, In my own opinion.  http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/shocked.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':O'>

Andrea Ramsey

Although it is still somewhat hard to beleive until you try it.  A simple "glamour" (a spell that changes the outward appearance of something or someone) is usually sufficient proof.
Owner/Operator of the Independant Freighter S.S. Fair Weather.  "We deliver on time or it's free!"

Will Karelia

Well, it's been said that we only use 15% of our brain. If we were to use it all, there's no reason to believe such things, or even something akin to The Force, couldn't be possible.
Name: Karelia, William Michael
Assignment: Commanding Officer, Avalon Division
                        Executive Officer, Expansion Task Force

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/meritoriousservice.gif" border="0">
"I'm glad that Karelia always understands the things, which I don't..." - Fleet Admiral Montrell

Reynolds

Ensign Christopher Reynolds
Unassigned

Andrea Ramsey

This thread was started for two reasons- comic relief and to clear up any misconceptions about wicca and witchcraft.  Witches are NOT Satanic; I, for one, am Christian, although witches are predominantly Wiccan.  I have to get off the Internet now; I'll post the rest later.

Patrick Brown

I happen to know that there are Wizerds
------------------------------------------------
Name:Patrick Brown
Postion:3rd in Command 17th SFMC

Andrea Ramsey

(that was a spelling error, it's actually spelled "Magick" but yes I mean real magic)

I guess i've seen to many of those to ever get a real idea of what you mean. I don't really believe its a real thing (what my idea of it is that is), but I'm sure you get that kind of postion from people alot.
You just sparked my interest there mentioning it casually. http://www.expansionfleet.com/ikonboard/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'>

Andrea Ramsey

Admiral Bailey is right on the money, although the teleportation thing isn't something we (witches) can do.  As for the "fairy tale" crap, maybe you should try it.  Most New Age bookstores and larger chain stores have at least one copy of "The Idiot's Guide to Wicca and Witchcraft".  There is a wealth of information, as well as some very useful and simple spells, all of which, beleive it or not, ACTUALLY WORK.  However, their reccomendation of a black candle for a weight-loss spell is a veeeeeeeery bad idea.  Use a white candle instead.  Trust me.

Kawolsky

Witches? Wizards? Telepathy? aaarrrrrrr!!!!
Major John Kawolsky
Chief of Security
Dantor

Richard Ransom

what about other things other than Witchs what about the Wizerds
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Name:Richard Ransom
Postion:Pending

Will Karelia

Maybe, but they have nothing to do with witches.
Name: Karelia, William Michael
Assignment: Commanding Officer, Avalon Division
                        Executive Officer, Expansion Task Force

http://www.expansionfleet.com/medals/meritoriousservice.gif" border="0">
"I'm glad that Karelia always understands the things, which I don't..." - Fleet Admiral Montrell

Andrea Ramsey

Not to be confused with Hollywood's idea of what magic is; real magic is an entirely different can of peaches.

lucasbailey

IMO, anything is possible, that what we live in is one of many 'places', each place has different possibilities...(you could call the places dimensions) Example; #1- Beings can apparate ("teleport"), #2-Beings are telepathic/telekinetic...,etc...

Unfortunatley, we, as humans, and as far as our evolution/development goes, we are unable to fully comprehend such things, there for, most people dismiss such things as "magic".....just my thoughts....
Admiral (Dr.) Lucas Bailey (Retired)